IRC is implemented the project “Pathways to Success” in District Ghotki and Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan to empower the target adolescent girls between the age group of 15 to 19 years in underserved communities through vocational, non-vocational, and Life Skills Based Education training. The project was funded by USAID, through its contractor World Learning, with ENGRO Foundation as the lead partner and IRC as its implementing partner. The project beneficiaries hailed from Union Council Mirpur II, Bandh, Umar Draho, Deharki and Reharki of District Ghotki, and from Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan.
- First ever girls’ training successfully completed at Technical Training College, Daharki
- More than 300 girls trained in technical and vocational skills and over a 1000 girls trained in Life Skills Based Education.
- Establishment of IRC’s first office in District Ghotki
- Screening 400+ beneficiaries in 5 Union Councils after extensive social mobilization
- Manual development, training and recruitment of locals, followed up by successful completion of 5 different vocational trainings:
- Early Childhood Education
- Microsoft Office and Administration
- Web Designing and Graphics
- Artisans’ Training
- Beauty Aesthetician Training