(February 2017 – March 2018)

Aiming Change in Education!

ACE was a one-year OXFAM funded project, implemented by Indus Resource Centre (IRC) in Karachi and Dadu. The project started in February 2017 and ended in February, 2018, which included an extension period of one month. The project was designed around the following themes:

  • Strengthening and institutionalisation of Gender Unit (GU) within School Education Department in Karachi
  • Promoting girl’s education in Union Council Mittho Babber,Dadu, transforming selected existing public sector schools into girl friendly ones through gender responsive construction and repair and hiring of female teachers
  • Capacity building of government teachers
  • Promoting activism within community and local youth to leverage their voices for equitable success of girls to quality education
  • Training members of School Management Committees to assist them in playing a role for accountable spending at local level.
Aiming Change in Education

Key Outcome

  • Formal inauguration of the Gender Unit by Mr. Jam Mehtab Dahar, Honourable Minister for the Education and Literacy Department, Government of Sindh.
  • The project, through its community driven approach has improved 64% enrollment, out of which 47% are girls from poor families and remaining 53% are boys.
  • Two-day workshop for mid-level officials of the School Education Department was held on Gender Responsive Budgeting based on the manual developed by IRC and endorsed by the Government of Sindh.
  • T0 Government Primary and Secondary schools renovated and upgraded through construction of boundary walls, separate washrooms for girls and solar panels.

They Need Your Help!

Your Every Single Donation Counts.